RVICS is a volunteer non-denominational Christian ministry primarily for married couples with a heart to serve the Lord during the years leading up to retirement and beyond.
Our missionary teams provide a wide variety of maintenance, service, and construction assistance to needy non-profit Christian children's homes, schools, colleges, camps, conference centers, and churches. Each work project is 3-1/2 to 4 weeks long, scheduled in warmer climates during the winter months, and cooler locations the remainder of the year. Our members are encouraged to participate in as many projects as they are able. RVICS does have a 3-to-4 week Christmas break. Summer projects are scheduled for those who can or want to serve during that time.
Our members live in their own RV's, with the project host providing parking sites with electricity, water, and sewer, free of charge. Working hours provide generous time for recreation and relaxation. Perhaps RVICS is just the retirement plan you have been looking for!
An RVICS Missionary needs...
- An RV (i.e. motorhome with towed vehicle, truck with fifth wheel or travel trailer)
- To be self-supporting and have adequate accident and hospitalization coverage
- To furnish their own hand tools and safety equipment (women often provide portable sewing machines)
- To be willing to accept direction from their Team Leaders
- To have applicable work skills or capable of assisting those who do
- To submit to and have an approved Protect My Ministry background check
- To willingly abstain from the use of alcohol and all forms of tobacco products
- To agree to the RVICS pet policy
- Come from many Christian denominations
- Originate from every corner of the U.S. and Canada
- Have worked at a wide variety of jobs and careers
- Have received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior
- Desire to serve Him to the best of their ability
- Donate their time and talents without expecting or accepting anything in return
- Respect the distinctive beliefs of fellow members
- Strive to be good witnesses for the Lord in all they say and do
- Are "team-spirited"
Check the Skills List...
Accounting/Bookkeeping, Appliance Repair, Auto Mechanic, Backhoe Operator, Building Contractor, Carpentry, Carpet/Tile Laying, Computer, Electrical, Food Service, Furniture Restoration, Handyman, Landscaping, Librarian, Locksmith, Masonry, Nurse, Office Work, Painting, Plumbing, Refrigeration, Sewing, Sheet Rock/Finishing, Sign Painter, Tractor Operator, Tutoring, Upholstery, Wallpapering, Welder, and many more...
Don't feel you have any of these? How about...
Everyone has skills that are valuable to the project team and the RVICS Ministry.
Monday through Thursday
Devotions - 8:00-8:30
Men - 6 hours per day, 3-1/2 days per week
21 hours per week
Mon-Wed - 8:30-12:00/1:00-3:30
Thur - 8:30-11:30
Women - 3 hours per day, 4 days per week
12 hours per week
Mon-Thu - 8:30-11:30
Tuesday evening (normally) - Game night or other social activity (optional)
Wednesday evening (normally) - Bible Study by host ministry
Thursday afternoon - relax
Friday - Team Tour (optional)
Saturday - relax/explore individually
Sunday - Church of your choice