Thank you for your interest in hosting a team of RVICS missionary members at your ministry. We urge you to preview the information on this website to gain more insight into the ministry, the requirements to become an RVICS missionary member, and the needs of our teams while on project including those required needs for the RV's they live in while on the project.
Our projects are scheduled for a duration of 3-1/2 to 4 weeks according to normal climate cycles. For example in the winter months we will schedule our teams for projects in the southern states of Florida, Texas, Arizona and California. As the temperatures warm our teams begin to move further north, before heading south again in mid-fall. Please note that projects are scheduled 7-12 months in advance which means that potential project hosts need to plan ahead on scheduling an RVICS team at their location.
You will also find on the RVICS Ministry tab of the website the requirements to become an RVICS missionary. All RVICS members are required to go through a background check as one of the qualifications of becoming an RVICS member. This must be done before one can be approved to serve at a project location.
Qualifications for being Considered as a Possible RVICS Project
To qualify for the services of an RVICS project team the ministry must be actively and earnestly promoting the Lord Jesus Christ, His Love and saving Grace to whomever they are ministering. They must also fully embrace the RVICS Statement of Faith.
In addition they must:
- Be a legal non-profit Christian ministry.
- Be non-supportive of the World and National Council of Churches.
- Be able to provide ample materials to keep a team busy for up to 3-1/2 to 4 weeks.
- Be able to provide "full" Recreational Vehicle hook-ups (water, sewer, and electric) on site for (6) 25 to 45 ft., RV's at no cost to the missionary workers. Each site should be fairly level and a minimum of 12-14 ft. wide to allow for full RV slide deployment.
- Have good access roads to the Recreational Vehicle sites (minimum 12 ft. wide and 14 ft. overhead clearance).
- Provide a teacher for weekly Bible study and a room with table and chairs for the RVICS team to use.
- Have all necessary permits in-hand and have materials available when work is to begin.
If you have never had an RVICS team serve at your ministry we will ask you to complete some documents to become a qualified project location. As a part of that process we require a ministry to sign the same "Statement of Faith" that our missionary members sign. Your ministry must also be a government recognized non-profit organization, you must own the land on which your ministry is located, your ministry must be governed by a board of directors, and you must provide RV sites at no charge with water, sewer and 50 amp electrical hookups. RVICS will not knowingly serve any ministry receiving government funding or any ministry connected with the World or National Council of Churches. We schedule our teams with a maximum of 12 members (6 RV's) per location.
Want to pursue further?
Feel free to contact us if you are interested in more information and we will be glad to respond to your questions. Click on the button below to go to our Contact Us page for details on contacting us.