Benefits of Serving with RVICS
- Each morning begins with devotions and prayer.
- A weekly hymn sing/testimony time or Bible Study is scheduled.
- Daily we witness lives, surrendered to Christ, lived out before us in the staff of the ministries we serve.
- Hourly we are challenged by the testimonies of our teammates.
- Continually we give thanks that the works of our hands contribute to the transformation of lives young and old.
- In the company of believers.
- That develop as we work, worship and enjoy life together.
- As we live, 24 hours a day, in close proximity, for a number of weeks; share laughter and tears; minister to one another's needs.
- The opportunity to explore all the attractions of one area for 3-1/2 weeks at a time.
- The excitement of traveling and working in unique and varied areas all over the United States and Canada.
- Experiencing the beauty of God's creation in countless settings.
- Teachers and plumbers, farmers and engineers, business men and women, electricians and housewives all learn from one another, according to the needs of each project, as they "give of their best for the Master."
- The "good medicine" of the RVICS life.
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine... -Proverbs 17:22
- Games, bonfires, potlucks, "field trips," birthday parties ... those special RVICS "spark plugs" that keep life energized.
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, [...let us encourage] one another -and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
-Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV)